Sunday 12 April 2020

Miserere Mei, Deus, Secundum Magnam Misericordiam Tuam





(The Choir of Clare College)
Video courtesy of: Rudolf Neubock ~ YouTube






Miserere mei, Deus, secundum magnam misericordiam tuam;
et secundum multitudeinem miserationum tuarum, dele iniquitatem meam.

(Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness;
according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.)


Amplius lava me ab iniquitate mea:
et a peccato meo munda me.

(Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity:
and cleanse me from my sin.)


Quoniam iniquitatem meam ego cognosco,
et peccatum meum contra me est semper.

(For I acknowledge my transgressions,
and my sin is ever before me.)


Tibi soli peccavi, et malum coram te feci;
ut justificeris in sermonibus tuis,
et vincas cum judicaris.

(Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight;
that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, 
and be clear when thou judgest.)


Ecce enim in iniquitatibus conceptus sum:
et in peccatis concepit me mater mea.

(Behold, I was shapen in iniquity:
and in sin did my mother conceive me.)


Ecce enim, veritatem dilexisti;
incerta et occulta sapientiae tuae manifestasti mihi.

(Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts;
and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.)


Asperges me hyssopo, et mundabor;
lavabis me, et super nivem dealbabor.

(Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.)


Auditui meo dabis gaudium et laetitiam:
et exsultabunt ossa humiliata.

(Make me to hear joy and gladness:
that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.)


Averte faciem tuam a peccatis meis,
et omnes iniquitates meas dele.

(Avert thy face from my sins,
and blot out all mine iniquities.)


Cor mundum crea in me, Deus,
et spiritum rectum innova in visceribus meis.

(Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.)


Ne projicias me a facie tua,
et spiritum sanctum ne auferas a me.

(Cast me not away from thy presence,
and take not thy holy spirit from me.)


Redde mihi laetitiam salutaris tui,
et spiritu principali confirma me.

(Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation,
and uphold me with thy free Spirit.)


Docebo iniquos vias tuas,
et impii ad te convertentur.

(Then will I teach transgressors thy ways,
and sinners shall be converted unto thee.)


Libera me de sanguinibus, Deus,
Deus salutis meae,
et exsultabit lingua mea justitiam tuam.

(Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God,
thou God of my salvation,
and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.)


Domine, labia mea aperies,
et os meum annuntiabit laudem tuam.

(O Lord, open thou my lips,
and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.)


Quoniam si voluisses sacrificium, dedissem utique;
holocaustis non delectaberis.

(For thou desirest not sacrifice, else would I give it;
thou delightest not in burnt offering.)


Sacrificium Deo spiritus contribulatus;
cor contritum et humiliatum, Deus, non despicies.

(The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
a broken and a contrite heart, O God,
thou wilt not despise.)


Benigne fac, Domine, in bona voluntate tua Sion,
ut aedificentur muri Jerusalem.

(Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion, O Lord,
build thou the walls of Jerusalem.)


Tunc acceptabis sacrificium justitiae,
oblationes et holocausta;
tunc imponent super altare tuum viulos.

(Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness,
with burnt offering and oblations;
then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.)

The Book of Psalms of David: Ch. 51, Vrs. 1-19






(The Choir of King's College)
Video courtesy of: mikatuu ~ YouTube









No comments:

Post a Comment